Monday, November 13, 2006

William Stamper: 1928 - 2006

My grandfather, my mom's father, Baba Bill, died last Sunday morning. He was a great man. He loved his family and he loved the Lord. I have hundreds of great memories of him. He was beloved by all who knew him.

My mom made a comment the other day: "I wonder what he's seeing? What he's doing?" This thought makes me happy. Though I miss him a lot, I'll see him again.


Above is a nice picture of he and my grandmother at my Torrey graduation, but here's how I really remember him:

This was a great Christmas. We played lots of games with my mom's side of the family and it was pure joy. Baba Bill is miming something like horseshoes here. I remember laughing till my sides hurt that day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ryan, you made me cry with your commentary of Baba Bill. It is so good to remember him at that stage of his life, with the laughter and fun. Thanks for the remembrance! He is missed!.... luv ya, Kim