Thursday, March 29, 2007

The Man with No Name: SE

We were given a pretty good Special Edition DVD of The Good The Bad and The Ugly a couple years ago, but Europe got that and SE's of the rest of the trilogy. Not fair.

GBU SE DVD cover - excellent design

Fortunately, MGM is finally gracing us Yanks with not only SE's of A Fistful of Dollars and For A Few Dollars More, but the never-seen-by-me Fistful of Dynamite as well! Color me pleased. Finally, a new DVD release to get excited about.

Oh yeah, this is kinda related: on the airsoft front, we are finally getting an alternative to Tanaka's excellent Colt Single Action Army replica.

Two customized Tanaka SAAs. So pretty.

HWS (which stands for something like Hartford, Japan) is a company that has been making excellent-but-non-firing replicas of sweet Western guns for years. Seeing as both airsoft and Cowboy Action Shooting are huge in Japan, you'd think they would have taken the logical step a long time ago, but nevertheless, they are just now releasing an airsoft version of the New Army Model revolver (I think Eastwood sports one in The Outlaw Josey Wales).

HWS New Model Army

Yep. Gonna have to sell some stuff and get it.

4 comments:

Hethe Srodawa said...

Man, that poster has so much oomph, so much character. Those guns look amazing. I would love to play wild west airsoft shootout in some ghost town with those. Maybe throw in some rifles. That would be so fun.

Daddyhood is simply awesome. I love having a little one. The first 4 months Tara and I both felt differently but things changed as we were told they would.

Ryan said...

That's really great to hear, Hethe. I'm so happy for you guys.

Hey, sometime you should come airsoft with Ian and me and a couple other guys. We haven't been in probably a year, but I've got a couple other Western-style guns (another pistol, a shotgun, and a rifle) and I've been dying to have another shoot-out. We either go to this field in Carlsbad near my old elementary school or this other field in San Clemente. It's a lot of fun.

If I could find a ghost town to have a shoot-out in, I'd be in heaven.

Anonymous said...

Have you been to Calico ghost town near Barstow? I don't know if it's rentable after hours but it's supposedly what the Knotts ghost town was based on. The campground settings in the hilly area around it would be good for a shootout too.

Ryan said...

I have not. It'd be fun, though. We'd have to use the bio-degradable bbs, prolly.