Thursday, May 17, 2007

Kriegaffe! Damn you!

Mignola's work is engaging not only because of its graphic brilliance, but because of its wonderful sense of pulpy humor as well. Mezco Toys has been releasing some really nice action figures based on Mignola's Hellboy books, and I have two so far: Hellboy and Lobster Johnson. They're well sculpted and capture Mignola's art very well.

Wouldn't you know it, the coolest figure from the first wave is also the rarest. Behold Kriegaffe, with floating Nazi Overlord's head:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a feeling you wouldn't get away with giving that to Amy as your wedding present.

So don't even think about it.

Ryan said...

Hey, the way I figure it, all the wedding presents are for Amy, so why shouldn't I get something nice?

I know, I know, the new cups are for both of us, but I would have been fine with my old-ass college-era cups, so they're really for her.

Kenfield said...

I hear ya man! That's a awesome figure. I'd love to see it in person someday.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
-Josh

BrandoAbba said...

CONGRATs ON THE WEDDING!!!!! I just started a blog come check it out!!
Frak's lil bro,
Brandon Franco

Kenfield said...

Like Brandon, my CONGRATULATIONS was meant for your marriage. Sorry for not clarifying that.